CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Lesson #1 of the day

So every day this week I have been late for work. I have been blaming it on the lack of sleep attained last weekend while in Aiken to be a part of Allie's wedding-- the life of a bridesmaid is quite hectic at times! Well, I only got about 4.5-5 hours a night of sleep so I was tired upon arriving back in Columbia. Ok, back to my story... so, I have been blaming my tardiness on Allie's wedding. Yes, it has been hard to drag myself out of the bed each morning but I have been letting myself "hit the snooze button" (which really means I get out of bed, turn of the alarm, turn on the tv, and get back in bed)-- not a good idea. After Anne Curry has done her morning round on the news highlights of the morning I am thinking, "It is time to get in the shower or I am going to be late!" The next thing I know Al Roker is doing his spiel on the weather but it is not the first time, NO, it is the second one!! Meaning that it is after 7:30! OK, so I may be fast but showering, drying my mass of hair, selecting an outfit, and getting my things together can NOT be done in 20 minutes. Alas, I have been late to work every day this week thinking, "Well _____ (my boss) won't be in till at least 8:30 so I should be fine." Oh no, EVERY day this week she has been early. I mean what is that?? Why change her habits now-- and this week of all weeks! So, I decided that today I am going to be early, or at least on time. Well, today she was late, like super later. I don't think she waltzed in until around 9. So, I rushed this morning for nothing. Well, I started thinking about it and something that someone said in Bible study a few weeks ago (you know that Beth Moore, she is full of good nuggets!) about how we should not approach our jobs as working for someone else, but as we are working for God! I mean how could I have missed that-- the chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. How am I glorifying Him by being late for work and my lateness-- although, it sometimes can be attributed to being tired from busy weekends-- is mostly linked to my desire to not be at this job. I may not like this job but as long as He has me here, I need to seek to glorify Him!

0 comments: